Best Bitcoin Casinos in 2021
Welcome to playcrypto.io! We’re a team of online gambling enthusiasts and professionals on a mission to select and present the best Bitcoin casinos to players in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. All platforms you’ll find on this page were hand-picked by us and offer a wide array of crypto games, including pokies, table games, live casino games, and more.
Therefore, if you’re interested in playing casino games online and use cryptocurrencies as deposit and withdrawal options, you’re on the right page. We’re about to embark on a journey and present our entire selection process with its final results. Read on.
The Best Bitcoin Casinos
Cryptocurrency gambling is relatively new. Despite that, the number of crypto casinos is rapidly increasing, making the market more competitive than ever. With so many platforms to choose from, it’s only natural to cast aside some that aren’t worth your time or money, which is where we step in.
Our team consists of professionals and enthusiasts from the online gambling industry, and our goal was to find the best options for cryptocurrency casino players.
We came up with a detailed assessment test and created an ultimate list of all Bitcoin casinos currently available in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. Next, we reviewed each by testing them for fairness, transparency, RTP, and more. Those that failed to meet our criteria were immediately discarded from the list and we didn’t bother exploring them further.
However, platforms that passed our initial test were then thoroughly reviewed. Feel free to examine our site and find detailed overviews of the featured cryptocurrency casinos. We decided to go one step further and record our gambling activities at every casino. We believe everyone needs to have insight into how a casino works before becoming a member.
The Full List of Bitcoin Casinos
All casinos that made it to the final list are included and thoroughly reviewed on our site. Below is our full list of all Bitcoin gambling sites with short reviews for each of them.
This is the part where we leave it up to you to pick the platform you like the most. All platforms below are legal, licensed, safe, and, above all, entertaining. All feature a wide range of casino games, as well as lucrative bonuses for new and regular customers. Make sure to read the description for each one carefully. If you’re interested in some of the games, feel free to read our detailed review and watch our exclusive video review, where you can see how the casino works after you open an account and make a deposit.
Bitcoin.com Games Summary
Bitcoin.com Games is a crypto gambling platform with over 100 safe, fair, and exciting titles from the best software providers out there, such as Playson, Amatic, BGaming, and many more. The casino is owned and operated by SBGC S.R.L., a company licensed and registered under the gaming rules of Costa Rica, which implies it is completely safe and fair.
What’s more, this casino offers an unprecedented level of anonymity since you are not required to submit any copies of your IDs and bank statements to create an account, make a deposit and start playing.
There is a wide variety of cryptocurrencies available for deposits and withdrawals. The transaction limits are flexible, and the withdrawal fees are negligible, especially considering the fact that all transactions are processed instantly.
The casino’s website focuses on simplicity and smooth navigation. The pages load quickly and are conveniently arranged so that even the newcomers to casino gaming can easily locate the desired sections of the site. The same applies to the mobile version of the casino.
Still, should you encounter any problems while browsing, the 24/7 live chat service is there to save the day and give you all the help you need. The agents are knowledgeable and respond promptly to all demands, so they won’t ever leave you hanging.
New and regular customers of Bitcoin.com Games can also expect to see regular deposit match bonus offers, cashbacks, a VIP program and other promotions that will maximise their chances of success.
When you think of cryptocurrency gambling, think of 7Bit Casino. The casino has been a household name in the industry for years, thanks to the diversity of games on the platform, optimised mobile version of the site, lucrative bonuses, and multiple payment methods.
The casino supports both the major cryptos and fiat currencies, including Bitcoin, Australian dollar, Litecoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, and multiple other currencies that can be used for making instant deposits and withdrawals.
Its library offers over 7,000 different pokies, table games, and other types of casino games from the best casino software providers in the industry, including iSoftBet, Betsoft, BGaming, and many more. Local progressive jackpot slots, such as Lucky Leprechaun, Slotfather, Greedy Goblins, and others, are there to boost your win potential considerably.
7Bit Casino is also a safe and reliable platform licensed by Curaçao and its regulator, Antillephone N.V. (licence no. 8048/JAZ2020-013), which guarantees fairness and safety. Together with the 128-bit SSL encryption by COMODO, the casino has formed virtually an impenetrable firewall that protects the players and their data.
Under the Promotions tab, players can find an abundance of bonuses and deals for newcomers and regular players alike, starting with the four-deposit match bonus deal for new players worth up to 5 BTC or AU$500.
FortuneJack Casino is a cryptocurrency-focused gambling platform established by Nexus Group Enterprises N.V. in 2014. The site focuses on providing state-of-the-art, anonymous gambling options for players from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and many other countries worldwide.
The game library of FortuneJack features over 2,500 pokies/slots, blackjack, roulette, and even live dealer and provably fair games from the leading software providers, such as NetEnt, Microgaming, Play’n GO, Pragmatic Play, and others. The games are arranged into different categories, from jackpot games that offer millions in payouts to new releases and games with bonus-buy options.
All games from FortuneJack have been tested for fairness by iTechLabs, an independent software auditor whose stamp of approval guarantees fairness and safety.
What’s more, the casino supports both fiat currencies and cryptos through multiple payment methods, all of which provide instant and stress-free deposits and withdrawals.
FortuneJack Casino is home to numerous promotions and bonuses in the form of deposit match offers, free spins, cashbacks, and VIP programs available to both new and existing players. The current welcome bonus package rewards players for each of the first four deposits they make, totalling 6 BTC and 250 free spins on the most popular pokies.
Finally, you can count on a fully optimised mobile version of FortuneJack Casino for all types of Android and iOS devices. It will bring you a perfect gaming experience on the go, with all the same playing features as the ones you can find on the desktop version of the site.
Bitcasino.io is a cryptocurrency casino known for its diverse assortment of games, complete anonymity and security of its players, and a superbly crafted design that offers smooth and seamless navigation on both mobile and desktop devices.
The casino has been around since 2014 when it was launched by Moon Technologies B.V., a gaming company licensed and regulated under the laws of Curaçao and its gambling regulator, eGaming.
Bitcasino.io’s game portfolio is packed to the brim with over 3,000 pokies, blackjack, roulette, and poker games provided by NetEnt, Microgaming, Play’n GO, Evolution, and other hotshots of the gambling landscape. There are even provably fair games from the development studio OneTouch, enabling you to verify each round and spin result and ensure every outcome was completely random and fair.
Both new and existing players are graced with plenty of bonuses and promotions from Bitcasino.io’s Loyalty Club program, including cashback deals, daily and weekly promotions and many other perks. There are no classic welcome bonus deals, so the loyalty program is there to pick up the slack.
Finally, you won’t have to pay any additional fees to enjoy instant and stress-free deposits and withdrawals. The casino is primarily focused on cryptocurrencies, with the most popular ones already available, such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Tether, and many others.
Casobet is a multi-layered gambling platform that offers not only online casino gaming options through thousands of pokies/slots, RNG-powered and live dealer table games, but also sports betting with numerous markets.
More than 1,500 games from the leading software providers such as Betsoft, Blueprint Gaming, BGaming, Quickspin, and many others keep the entertainment engine of Casobet going, and more titles are fueling it on a monthly level.
Right from the start, Casobet ensures players’ anonymity is preserved at all times. There is no need for copies of IDs and personal documents to be submitted when playing in cryptocurrencies, so you can make deposits and withdrawals freely, with none of those usual restrictions and impediments.
The site runs smoothly and has been carefully designed to facilitate navigation as much as possible. Whether you are playing on your desktop or mobile device, you will have zero problems getting to your favourite games.
Casobet supports wagering in fiat currencies as well, so even if cryptos are not your cup of tea, you will have a contingency plan in place.
New customers from Australia and other sanctioned jurisdictions can explore a welcome deposit match bonus of up to €3,000 or currency equivalent for each of the first nine deposits. Though each deposit entails a specific percentage of the deposit that Casobet will match, you can get up to €3,000 every time you deposit. What’s more, the casino will offer other cashback and reload bonuses for existing players to show they are appreciated as well.
WooCasino is a brand new gambling platform that relies on its fantastic gaming offer that includes over 3,000 pokies and other games from the best names in the business, such as NetEnt, Microgaming, Pragmatic Play, Evolution, and Play’n GO, and it seems that it has paid off. The games are divided into categories according to their types which makes locating them a breeze.
To help players kick start their playing adventure, WooCasino has created an enticing 100% deposit match welcome bonus worth up to €/$100 and 150 free spins on selected slots. The WooCasino rewards scheme does not end there. Registered users can also enjoy a variety of reload and cashback deals, tournaments, and other perks.
WooCasino supports traditional fiat currencies for players who like to stick to the old and acclaimed funding methods, but it also offers most newly-developed cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, and others. All transactions are processed instantly and incur no fees. Whatever you win is yours to collect, and you can deposit as much as you wish without having to pay extra.
In case any problems should arise, the 24/7 live chat support operated by multi-lingual and knowledgeable agents is there to see them fixed promptly.
It is also worth noting that WooCasino is licensed and regulated by Curaçao and its principal gaming licence holder, Antillephone N.V. and that the 128-bit SSL encryption is there to protect all sensitive info from prying eyes.
ZetCasino was launched in Curacao in 2018. It has been marketed as the “bright side of online gambling”. It is a modern casino site in every way — namely, it features a slick website design, a ton of games, and multiple deposit and withdrawal options, including four different cryptocurrencies — Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, and Ripple.
ZetCasino’s library of games is truly massive. Players can find over 3,600 titles from around 50 different gaming studios, such as NetEnt, BetSoft, Evolution Gaming, Ezugi, Playtech, BTG, and others. The vast majority of games are pokies. However, you will also find a solid selection of RNG and live dealer table games.
In the casino’s Promotion section, you will find a 100% match bonus that awaits all first-time depositors, together with 200 complimentary spins for the hottest video slot titles. Other promotions include cashbacks, weekly reload bonuses, and a loyalty program through which players can unlock VIP offers and other privileges.
Crypto payments are instantaneous and highly secure. They come with optional deposit limits. However, withdrawal limits are a bit restrictive. It’s also worth mentioning that ZetCasino accepts several other payment options and ten different fiat currencies.
The casino operates under a Curacao licence and is a product of Araxio Development N.V. company.
Stake.com is a crypto-exclusive gambling platform that offers real-money casino games and sports betting. It has a very diverse gaming portfolio that consists of provably fair games from some of the most renowned software providers in the iGaming industry.
Among the 2,500 titles, you can find the most popular pokies and table games, together with an extensive live dealer lobby. Those interested in sports betting can discover hundreds of sporting events from the most popular competitions in the world, together with a great selection of esports. Certain events are also available for live streaming.
The biggest downside to Stake.com is that it does not offer a traditional welcome bonus to its newest customers. Nevertheless, you can still participate in many ongoing promotions, like weekly giveaways, free spins, drops and wins, and various tournaments and challenges.
The operator puts great emphasis on crypto payments. The accepted cryptocurrencies include Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Eos, Dogecoin, Tron, and Ripple. Payments are processed quickly, and there are no maximum withdrawal limits. Again, this is a crypto-only gambling site, so you won’t be able to deposit and withdraw using fiat currencies and payment methods.
Stake.com is fully licensed and regulated. It was launched in 2017 under a Curacao gambling licence and is owned and operated by Medium Rare N.V.
Sportsbet.io is a trusted online gambling platform that was launched in 2016. While sports betting is its main service, the operator still features a broad range of casino games, including around 3,000 pokies and hundreds of table and card games.
Sportsbet.io does not offer a standard welcome bonus, but there are several promotions that can be claimed by both new players and regulars, alongside a well-constructed loyalty program called Clubhouse that rewards your long-term efforts.
The sportsbook section of the website allows betting on all the popular sports, including football, basketball, tennis, cricket, Aussie rules, and more.
Those looking to play with cryptocurrencies can fund their accounts using Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Tether, Tron, Cardano, and Allsports Coin. Alternatively, you can move money in and out of your account using several fiat currencies and payment options. Minimum deposit and withdrawal limits may seem a bit restrictive to casual players, but the payments are at least processed relatively quickly, in a highly secure manner.
The website features a modern design and provides a great user experience. Players who wish to enjoy the games on mobile can download the operator’s Android app. The iOS app is currently in development.
Sportsbet.io is run by mBet Solutions N.V., a company licensed by the Government of Curacao.
What Makes Some Bitcoin Casinos Better Than Others?
It’s now time to explain our selection method in detail. If you already read some of our reviews, you can probably understand how we approach our reviewing procedures and what we pay attention to when testing online cryptocurrency casinos. Still, we want to elaborate on this and make our method as transparent as possible.
In short, we focus on the following things when reviewing casinos:
- Welcome bonuses and other promotions.
- Availability in specific countries (in this case, we’re aiming at Canada, Australia, and New Zealand).
- Availability of specific cryptocurrencies for deposits and withdrawals, with Bitcoin being the obligatory one.
- Game portfolio and the overall quality of games.
- Other rules related to deposits and withdrawals.
We’ll now cover each of these sections in detail. Feel free to jump to the one you’re most interested in to learn more about it. We suggest reading the entire text to get an in-depth understanding of how cryptocurrency casinos work and what to pay attention to if you’re going to research online gambling platforms on your own.
Bonuses play an essential part in all online casinos. Since the online gambling landscape has become more competitive than ever, casinos needed to find a way to attract more new players and keep the regular ones returning, which is why they came up with the concept of bonuses.
They are simple rewards that players can claim and improve their online gambling experience. Cryptocurrency users are also attracted to special bonuses offered by various Bitcoin casinos, and we made sure to pick the ones that provide the best promotions.
However straightforward on the surface, bonuses are actually pretty complex. What you see on the surface is often just a fraction of the bonus, and to determine its true value, one needs to read the T&Cs section carefully. Terms and conditions often feature additional information that will help you determine whether the bonus is worth it or not. Before we discuss what you need to look for, let’s make an overview of all available types of bonuses and promotions you’ll encounter in cryptocurrency online casinos.
There are three main categories of bonuses:
- Welcome bonuses
- Promotions for regular customers
- VIP/Loyalty promotions
Welcome bonuses are awarded to new players. They can be divided into two main types:
- Deposit bonus
- No-deposit bonus
A deposit welcome bonus usually awards new players who decide to make their first deposit. Players need to opt-in manually before depositing and indicate that they want to get the bonus. Some online casinos even feature coupon codes that you need to enter to activate the promotion. You’ll often find these codes on the platform.
Deposit welcome bonuses are mostly match bonuses, which means that the amount of bonus money is usually related to the amount you deposit. For example, if you deposit $100 and claim a 100% match bonus, you’ll receive an additional $100 in bonuses, which is a total of $200 in your balance. Welcome bonuses are often more generous than that, which means you can receive 200%, 300%, or even more in bonus money.
Sometimes, welcome bonuses are available during the first couple of deposits, meaning you’ll get bonus money on your second or even third deposit. These prizes may be somewhat different from the first deposit bonus, so make sure to read how much you can get for each deposit.
Welcome bonuses also have upper limits. For instance, if the bonus awards you a 100% bonus up to $500, you’ll not be able to receive more than that amount as a welcome gift. In other words, anything you deposit up to $500 will be matched, but if you deposit more than $500, you’ll not receive a 100% bonus anymore. Instead, you’ll still receive $500, which was the maximum indicated bonus amount.
Many welcome bonuses also offer free spins in addition to bonus money. Free spins are usually only available for specific games, so you’ll often see offers such as this — 100% bonus up to $500 + 50 free spins on Starburst. In this case, Starburst is the name of a popular online video slot by NetEnt.
A no deposit welcome bonus is awarded to players who join an online casino. They don’t have to do anything else — just go through the registration process and become an official member. No deposit bonuses are much lower than their deposit counterparts, and they are usually fixed, which means all players will receive the same amount of bonus money and free spins. A standard no deposit bonus will award you up to $20 in bonuses or a certain number of spins for free (usually between 10 and 50 for a specific online video slot).
Promotions for regular customers come in all shapes and sizes. When making the list of the best Bitcoin casinos, our team paid attention to both welcome bonuses and regular promotions since our goal is to feature casinos that can provide a continuous boost to players in the form of various rewards.
The most popular forms of regular promos are:
- Reload bonuses
- Cashback bonuses
- Free spins bonuses
- Refer a friend bonuses
- One-time offers
- Holiday bonuses
A reload bonus is pretty similar to a deposit match bonus, as you’ll get a bonus amount of money on top of your deposit. The only difference is that reload bonuses are usually smaller compared to welcome bonuses, meaning the match is usually less than 100%.
For example, if there’s a 50% reload bonus, it means you’ll receive $50 as a bonus amount if you deposit $100. Also, reload bonuses are recurring in some online casinos, which means you can claim them more than once. They are usually available in certain time intervals (weekly, monthly, annually).
A cashback bonus is many people’s favourite as it gives you back some of your lost cash. For instance, if you opt-in for a 20% cashback promo for one week and spend $100, you’ll get a total of $20 back to you, provided that you lost all $100.
As you can see, cashback bonuses have a time frame, which could be a day, a couple of days, a week, or even an entire month. This type of promotion also comes with a limit. For example, some cashback bonuses require spending over a certain amount to become eligible. Most of them feature upper limits on the amount you can get as a cashback bonus.
Free spins bonuses are a great option for players who like to play online video slots. The idea is to get free spins instead of receiving bonus money. You can either receive spins for a specific game, a group of slots, or all slots available on the platform (rare). Many free spins bonuses are awarded for promoting an online video slot or a slot developer. This promotion often comes with a cap on how much money you can win using the free spins, and the winnings are subject to wagering requirements.
Some online casinos feature a referral program that will award you additional money or free spins if you bring new people to the platform. Your referral bonus is often determined based on the amount of money that your friends decide to deposit for the first time. That is, the more your friend deposits, the bigger your bonus will be.
Sometimes, online casinos feature one-time offers that you need to claim within a specified timeframe. These can be deposit bonuses, free spins, cashback deals, no deposit bonuses, various giveaways, and more. It’s important to keep an eye on the ‘Promotions’ section in the online casino of your choice in order to stay up to date with the latest bonuses and get the most out of the casino.
Finally, casinos are often very generous during big holidays, so pay close attention to the ‘Promo’ section to get additional bonuses during Halloween, Christmas, and other important dates.
Please take into account that we listed just some of the most popular forms of regular promotions. Many casinos like to get creative with the way they award their regular customers, making the entire bonus-obtaining experience as fun as it can get. The least you can do is monitor the casino of your choice and be there whenever there’s a promotion going on to get a boost while playing your favourite casino games.
Also, it’s always a good idea to read the T&Cs section of the bonus to learn more about wagering requirements, expiry dates, and more.
Online casinos often aim to retain regular players by offering special loyalty and VIP schemes that you can join and receive additional benefits. Note that some casinos don’t feature this type of programmes, which doesn’t make them worse than those that do; they just have other ways to reward returning customers.
In most cases, VIP and loyalty programmes are tiered, which means you can progress through levels and receive bigger prizes. Low levels usually offer small awards, such as slightly bigger deposit bonuses and cashback deals.
However, once you get to the top tier, you’ll have a chance to get huge benefits, including personal account managers, huge bonuses, invitations to special events, access to exclusive tournaments, and much more.
Another important aspect we bear in mind when choosing the best crypto casinos is their support for the target countries — Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. What does this mean?
First of all, it means that players from these three countries can access the casino. Sometimes, online casinos don’t allow visitors from countries due to various legal reasons, and we made sure that there are no such platforms on this page. It doesn’t matter whether you’re from Canada, Australia, or New Zealand — you’ll be able to access the Bitcoin casinos and all their features. Moreover, you’ll have access to their bonuses and other promotions, as well as their entire game portfolios.
But there are other ways an online casino can provide adequate country support. Simply put, casinos often restrict certain parts of their offer in some countries. Once again, the main reason for that is of legal nature. However, we made sure to feature casinos that made their entire game offer available in Australia, Canada, and New Zealand. If you’re from one of these countries, you’ll have no restrictions on playing any game on our featured casino platforms.
Available Crypto Currencies
Cryptocurrencies are more popular than ever, and an increasing number of online casinos are accepting this popular way of making deposits and withdrawals. Simply put, cryptos make it much easier to transfer money to and from the platform.
Therefore, our main goal is that all casinos featured on this page allow cryptocurrency deposits and withdrawals. However, accepting crypto isn’t the only thing a casino needs to do to be listed on our site.
Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency, so we ensured that every crypto casino on Playcrypto.io accepts at least BTC. Yet, many of them also accept other digital coins for deposits and withdrawals, including Ethereum, Litecoin, Tron, Tether, Cardano, Bitcoin Cash, and more.
Our team always reviews available payment options and tests how they work by making deposits and recording them for our video reviews. That way, you can be sure that the casino of your choice is indeed safe and trustworthy.
When it comes to the number of accepted cryptocurrencies, we usually go with the “the more, the merrier” rule. In other words, if casinos accept a lot of cryptocurrencies for deposits and withdrawals, that’s a good thing.
Here’s the list of the most popular cryptocurrencies that you’ll often find as banking options in crypto casinos:
- Bitcoin (BTC) — Bitcoin probably needs no introduction, as it’s the most popular cryptocurrency. It’s usually referred to as digital gold because it kind of is. BTC makes up the biggest part of the entire crypto market and has reached the farthest in terms of mass adoption. Simply put, almost every person on the planet has now heard about Bitcoin, and millions of people worldwide are proud owners. That’s why 99% of all crypto casinos accept Bitcoin as the main payment option.
- Ethereum (ETH) — Ethereum is the second most popular cryptocurrency in the world. It’s part of the Ethereum open-source blockchain that features smart contract functionality and offers developers to build decentralised apps (dapps) on it. Each dapp can have a cryptocurrency of its own, which is standardised by ERC20 protocols. The point is that if you see a casino accepting dozens of less popular cryptos, including Ethereum, those are probably all ERC20 tokens that are part of the Ethereum platform.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) — Bitcoin Cash was created after a hard fork on the Bitcoin blockchain. There are many other instances of Bitcoin that forked from BTC, but BCH remains the most popular one.
- Litecoin (LTC) — Litecoin was created as a response to Bitcoin and its scalability issue. The creator of LTC wanted to create a light version of Bitcoin and succeeded, but LTC never reached the popularity of Bitcoin. Still, it’s popular enough to get enlisted as a payment option in many online casinos.
- Tether (USDT) — Since cryptocurrencies are pretty volatile, Tether was created to solve that problem, and it’s one of many stablecoins out there. It means its price is pegged to the American dollar, and its value is always $1 per coin.
- Cardano (ADA) — Cardano was the first to introduce a proof-of-stake consensus mechanism, which is now widely regarded as the best option (as opposed to Bitcoin’s proof-of-work).
- Ripple (XRP) — Ripple is actually a real-time gross settlement system based on distributed ledger technologies, with XRP being its native cryptocurrency.
We only mentioned a couple of the most popular options at the moment. However, please take into account that there are literally thousands of cryptos out there, as new digital coins are being developed all the time. Our team actively follows the list of the most popular cryptocurrencies and their presence in online casinos. Moreover, we actively follow the use of certain cryptos among Australian, Canadian, and Kiwi online gamblers and update our lists accordingly.
Whenever an online casino starts accepting a new crypto payment option, our team is quick to test it to learn more about its limits, fees, and more. That way, we’ll always offer up-to-date information on the latest payment options.
Non-Crypto Payment Methods
We divided all available online casinos into the following categories: crypto casinos, mixed casinos, and non-crypto casinos.
- Crypto casinos — These only accept cryptocurrency payments, meaning you’ll not be able to use fiat payment methods to make a deposit.
- Mixed casinos — These accept both crypto and fiat options.
- Non-crypto casinos — These only accept fiat options, and such casinos aren’t featured on our platform.
You’ll find that some of the sites we included also offer fiat payment options, such as credit cards, e-wallets, bank transfers, and more. We didn’t focus on these, but we couldn’t neglect them either, meaning our team will often test some of them in case you’re interested in using fiat money for playing games. Nevertheless, our platform remains heavily focused on cryptocurrency payments and aimed at online players who want to use this payment option.
Games are the most important part of every online casino. Therefore, our team of experts pays special attention to available games. We focus on the following three criteria when ranking casinos: quality, quantity, and variety.
- Quality — We make sure that every online casino featured on Playcrypto.io offers high-quality casino games from industry-leading providers. All titles need to be audited for fairness or be provably fair so that everyone can check their fairness levels. Moreover, all games need to be licensed by an official regulatory body reputable among online gamblers in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Quantity — We examine how many games each casino offers. This is important because many players don’t like playing just one game but often explore all available titles. Each casino that’s offered on our site features hundreds (or even thousands) of games. In most of them, the majority of games are online video slots, but you’ll find a decent selection of table games, video poker, live dealer games, and BTC games.
- Variety — Imagine an online casino featuring thousands of titles, and they are all 3×3 slot machines with bars and sevens as symbols on them. Boring, right? Variety is essential for online casinos, and we want to make sure that the featured platforms offer something for everybody. Even if you’re just going to focus on slots, you’ll still find a wide array of different themes, grid structures, bonus features, and more. If you’re into table games, you’ll be able to play all popular variations of games such as blackjack, baccarat, roulette, and others.
Types of Cryptocurrency Casino Games
Playcrypto.io’s team checks all available games in the casinos we feature on our site. Let’s take a look at all available game types and what we pay attention to when assessing them.
Video slots are the most popular type of casino games. If you have some experience with online casinos, you probably noticed that each platform offers hundreds of games. That’s because slots are very popular among players, and there are dozens of slot development companies actively releasing new titles and offering them via online casinos.
Safety & Trustworthiness
First, we check whether all online slots in the casino are provided by reputable developers. If they are, it means that they are probably safe and trustworthy, so you don’t have to worry about them being rigged. Moreover, popular developers also have unique methods to make their games immersive and enjoyable, which is why we make sure they are available in our featured crypto casinos.
Second, slots come in all shapes and sizes. There were many attempts to categorise slots, but most of them usually fail to encompass all slot variations. Simply put, developers took the liberty to experiment with some games, creating various hybrids that many players fell in love with. Innovation plays an important role in the world of online slots, and that’s why there are so many types of pokies.
Here’s our attempt to put them into categories:
- 3-reel slot machines — All online slots that feature three reels belong to this category. They usually resemble vintage slot machines, with the most common symbols being bars, sevens, cherries, and more. However, many slot developers like to add modern twists to this type of pokies.
- 5-reel slots — All slots with five reels belong to this category. These are actually the most popular variant, with hundreds of 5×3 slots being available in online cryptocurrency casinos. They often have different themes and all kinds of special symbols, as well as bonus features.
- Non-standard grid slots — All slots that don’t have three or five reels belong to this category. The most common ones are slightly different from the categories described above, which means you’ll find many games having 6×3 or 5×4 grids. Almost every online casino features these.
- Grid slots — There are also plenty of games that took the liberty to play around with the grid structure, offering huge sizes. They often resemble games such as Candy Crush and even don’t include standard payouts. Instead of standard paylines, these games often feature the cluster pays feature, meaning you’ll get paid if you create a cluster rather than a line of matching symbols.
- Progressive slots — All slots that offer progressive jackpots belong to this category. Some of them feature hundreds of thousands of dollars in progressive prizes, and there are plenty of players who are after big wins.
- Multi-payline slots — In most cases, slots feature between 10 and 100 paylines, but there are many games that like to experiment with the concept of paylines, offering hundreds — or even thousands — of paylines.
In an ideal scenario, online casinos will feature each type of game. Still, we won’t give a lower rank to a casino if it doesn’t offer one type of slot. Instead, it’s up to you to go through our list of available casinos and pick the one that offers the type you prefer the most. In most cases, you’re likely to find 3-reel, 5-reel, and progressive slots, while the other three categories are less common.
Third, we check the overall RTP percentage of all online video slots. RTP stands for “return to player,” and it tells you how likely you are to get a reward from a certain game. Say the RTP of a slot you play is 95%. In that case, the game will return $95 via prizes on average while keeping the remaining $5 as a fee. That’s actually how online casinos and slot providers make a profit.
Now, it’s important to take into account that online video slots are a game of chance, so there are no patterns in how RPT manifests itself. A player who bets $100 and earns $1,000 will have a 1,000% RTP. A player who bets $1,000 and wins $0 will have 0% RTP. However, if you consider all sessions in the game, you’ll notice that the average RTP was 95%.
So, what’s a good RTP? Anything north of 95% is considered decent RTP. Some of the slots with the highest payouts have an RTP of 96–97%. On the other hand, if RTP is below 90%, you probably want to stay away from such a game. The good news is that the majority of crypto casinos featured on our site do not have low RTPs.
Volatility is another important aspect of online video slots that we bear in mind when reviewing online casinos.
Here’s how volatility (also referred to as variance in some cases) works:
- High volatility — Slots will not award you frequently, but the prizes will be pretty lucrative. These are considered high-risk & high-reward games. If you like to test the limits of your luck, you should pick high-volatility slots.
- Medium volatility — These games balance the prize frequency with their overall lucrativeness. Medium volatility slots are a great starting point if you have no experience playing crypto games.
- Low volatility — Slots will not pay big prizes, but they will be pretty common. Players who are not ready to take a risk should aim for low-volatility slots.
There’s no right type of volatility. Instead, it’s a matter of personal preferences, but we made sure that you have slots with all volatility levels available in every casino. Therefore, it’s your job to determine whether you prefer high, medium, or low volatility and search for adequate games in one of the featured casinos on our platform.
We also test the overall gameplay quality of online video slots in the featured casinos. Simply put, some games are more entertaining and immersive than others, so you’re likely to have more fun when playing them.
Personal preferences play a part here as well. Some games that may not be interesting to us might be amusing to you. Still, some games are considered universally good in terms of gameplay, while some are widely regarded as boring and repetitive.
Interface & Mobile Availability
We test the interface of online slots to see how they work on various devices. Most casinos featured on Playcrypto.io are also available for mobile devices, which means we test slots on the go as well and rank their functionality.
Table games make up the second biggest group of games in many online crypto casinos. Before we proceed, we have to make a distinction between RNG and live dealer table games.
- RNG table games — Games that use a random number generator to determine the outcome of every round. They are completely virtual.
- Live casino table games — Games that use live dealers who are streamed in real time. The element of chance/gravity determines their outcome, much like in land-based casinos.
In this section, we’ll cover RNG table games. We made sure that most online casinos feature at least some options, including the most popular games:
Many casinos also include RNG craps and a wide variety of casino poker games, such as Caribbean Stud, Casino Hold’em, and more.
Much like slots, these games have RTPs, which are commonly expressed as house edge. This is something we also took into account when choosing crypto casinos.
We also check the functionality and overall immersion levels of these games, as well as how they work on various mobile devices.
Video poker is a form of casino games that has a huge fan base around the globe. Not all casinos feature video poker sections, and we didn’t rank some of them lower because of that. Simply put, if you’re into video poker, you’ll have to select the platform that offers this type of casino games.
Live Dealer Games
Live dealer games play an important role in many online casinos, and you can now play them using popular cryptocurrencies. The only difference between them and non-live (RNG) games is that they feature a live dealer and provide a much more entertaining experience since you get to interact with real people. Our team focused on live casino games and made sure that all platforms on our site offer high-quality games with real dealers, including:
- Live game shows
Once again, even if some casinos don’t have this section, it doesn’t mean they’ll receive lower grades on our assessment test. If you’re interested in this type of gambling, you’ll have to pick the platforms that offer it, but you can rest assured that you’ll get a high-quality experience as we separated the wheat from the chaff and offered only the platforms that passed our strict test.
So, how exactly did we test live dealer casinos?
First of all, we applied our quality-quantity-variety measure to ensure enough live dealer options for players interested in it. After that, we tested individual games to check their overall stream quality, user interface, minimum and maximum limits, and more. Finally, we made sure that all live dealer games are fair and trustworthy so that you don’t have to worry about that when playing them.
Cryptocurrency Casino Games
Perhaps the most popular category among crypto owners, cryptocurrency casino games offer a completely unique perspective on online gambling. The main difference between them and other casino games is that they are provably fair, which means you can check their fairness levels (provided you have enough coding experience to understand the underlying code).
Provably fair crypto games aren’t available in every crypto casino you’ll find on our site.
Deposits & Withdrawals
We already discussed cryptos and fiat methods as deposit and withdrawal options. However, we didn’t mention that we examine every detail regarding deposits and withdrawals in online casinos to ensure that everything is in order.
For deposits, we compare how difficult it is to get the money from your wallet to the casino of your choice. In most cases, you should be able to do it in a matter of minutes, but some online casinos might feature additional steps before the transaction is complete.
Also, many online casinos made the entire deposit process easier by providing a QR code that you can scan with your wallet and complete the transaction without copying your crypto address. This is a great way to increase security further when making transactions.
Withdrawals, on the other hand, are a bit more complex than deposits. Online casinos often need to review your withdrawal request to make sure everything is alright. Therefore, you might have to wait some time before you actually get your cryptos back to your wallet. This can last anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of days, even though you’re using cryptocurrencies.
Finally, we paid attention to limits in online crypto casinos. Even though you can technically transfer as little or as much money as you want with your wallet, casinos still need to impose limits one way or another. That’s because various anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing laws don’t allow them to remove limits from deposits and withdrawals.
That said, some casinos still have more favourable limits than others, and we made sure to check that out to ensure the best possible experience for crypto gamblers.
What Are Bitcoin Casinos?
The last part of our lengthy guide is reserved for players who have no experience with cryptocurrencies. We’re going to start by explaining what Bitcoin casinos actually are and how they are different from other casinos.
Bitcoin casinos are online gambling platforms that accept Bitcoin as a payment option, meaning you’ll be able to use the popular cryptocurrency to make deposits and withdraw your winnings. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, much like Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, and thousands of others. That’s why the term cryptocurrency casino is more suitable nowadays. Even though the vast majority of casinos accept Bitcoin and can be considered BTC gambling sites, there’s still a portion that focuses on other cryptos.
There are two types of Bitcoin casinos out there:
- The casinos that use fiat currencies but only accept Bitcoin and other crypto payment options for deposits and withdrawals.
- The casinos that focus on crypto gaming and use BTC and other cryptocurrencies as default currencies on the platform. These casinos often don’t accept fiat payment methods.
Bitcoin Exchanges and Wallets
To start playing online casino games with Bitcoin, you first need to obtain it. There are several ways you can get Bitcoin.
- Get paid in BTC — Check whether your employer (or your client, if you’re a business owner) offers to pay in BTC. Given that Bitcoin is still fairly new, this might not be an option in many companies, but it’s always worth asking. Also, there are various legal obstacles to getting paid in BTC in some countries.
- Ask someone to send BTC to you — If you have a friend or a family member who owns Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency that you want to obtain, you can always ask them to send it to you in exchange for fiat currencies.
- Get BTC via various faucets and airdrops — Sometimes, there are sites and companies giving cryptocurrencies for free. However, these are usually very small amounts of money.
- Buy BTC on a cryptocurrency exchange — This is actually the most legitimate and most popular way to get BTC, and we’re going to describe how to become a cryptocurrency owner by using a crypto exchange.
How to Buy Bitcoin in a Cryptocurrency Exchange?
Here’s a quick guide on how to obtain your first BTC.
- Find a suitable exchange — There are two types of exchanges: centralised (CEX) and decentralised (DEX). While decentralised exchanges have various benefits, you need to pick a centralised one as they accept fiat money. DEXs, on the other hand, only allow you to exchange digital currencies.
- Open an account — You’ll have to become a member of the exchange platform to start trading. After completing the initial registration process, many online exchanges will ask you to comply with various KYC (know-your-customer) procedures to identify you.
- Make a deposit — Once you become a member, you’ll have to deposit your fiat money that you’ll later exchange for a cryptocurrency of your choice.
- Buy BTC — Now, the last step might be slightly different, depending on your selected exchange. Some exchanges will allow you to buy BTC immediately for a certain amount. In contrast, others will only allow you to place an order and trade your fiat money for Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. Unfortunately, you’ll have to figure this step out on your own. Please take into account that some exchanges are much easier to use and beginner-friendly than others.
By following the same method, you can obtain any other crypto you want, but we suggest starting with Bitcoin as most online casinos accept it.
But what happens after you buy BTC? The money will be in your exchange account, but you’ll have to transfer it to your wallet in order to deposit it to an online casino.
This leads us to the very next thing that’s essential for cryptocurrencies — crypto wallets.
What Are Cryptocurrency Wallets and How to Use Them?
Essentially, crypto wallets are pieces of software or hardware where you can store your Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. There are two main categories:
- Software wallets — These are often referred to as hot wallets, as they are connected to the network all the time and exist only as desktop or mobile apps.
- Hardware wallets — These are also called cold wallets, as you can disconnect them from the internet and keep your cryptocurrencies hidden away from the public. Hardware wallets are widely regarded as safer, but they come at a cost and are inconvenient if you make constant transactions.
In this guide, we’ll only discuss software wallets as they are used more frequently for casino deposits and withdrawals.
Once you choose a wallet and install it, you’ll receive a public and a private key.
- Public key — A public key is also called a wallet address. It works pretty much like your email address, with the primary difference being that you’ll send and receive cryptocurrencies instead of emails. Therefore, if you want someone to send you BTC, you’ll give the public wallet address for your Bitcoin wallet.
- Private key — This is basically a password. However, the main difference is that you cannot change or retrieve it. Instead, you must memorise it, or else you won’t be able to access your funds.
Find an option to withdraw your funds from the exchange, enter the amount you want to withdraw, as well as your wallet address. The transfer should be instant, which means you should be able to see BTC (or other cryptocurrencies) in your wallet.
Finally, you need to make a deposit to the online casino of your choice by following this simple guide.
- Select an online cryptocurrency casino from our site.
- Open an account.
- Go to the ‘Cashier’ section and select Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency you want to deposit.
- Enter the amount of money you want to deposit.
- Enter your wallet address or scan the QR code offered by the casino and confirm the transaction.
- Have fun!
Advantages of Playing With Cryptocurrencies
There are many other benefits of using BTC and other cryptocurrencies for online gambling. Let’s take a look at them:
- Fast transactions — Almost all crypto transactions are instant. The only cryptocurrency that may not be able to provide instant transfer is Bitcoin, but only when there’s a lot of trading going on and the network needs more time to process payments. Even then, you won’t have to wait more than half an hour to make a transfer.
- Low fees — Cryptocurrency transaction fees are much lower compared to any other payment method, and that’s what makes many people fall in love with them, especially if they frequently deposit and withdraw money.
- High security — Thanks to ground-breaking underlying technologies, such as blockchain, cryptocurrencies can provide maximum-level security and are virtually impenetrable. In other words, your crypto transactions cannot be intercepted by cybercriminals.
Can I Win Real Money?
Cryptocurrencies are real money, so if you use them to place bets in online casino games, you’ll win cryptocurrencies in return. In other words, you’ll win real money.
However, you should pay attention to cryptocurrency prices. Many of them are very volatile, meaning that their value often fluctuates. Therefore, if you deposit them in a casino that converts them to dollars or any other fiat currency, you’ll basically have to convert it back to crypto once you request a withdrawal. The crypto prices may change in the meantime, and you’ll receive a different amount than the one you expected. The point is to be on the lookout all the time or stick to online casinos that allow you to place bets using cryptocurrencies.
Is Crypto Gambling Safe?
Crypto gambling is widely regarded as safe as long as you stick to legal, licensed, and trustworthy online casinos.
We reviewed the license for every platform featured on our site to ensure that they are provided by official and reputable regulators. Moreover, we read various professional and user reviews to learn more about the overall trustworthiness of the casinos we covered.
FAQ About Crypto Gambling
Bitcoin is the most popular and most likely to be accepted in the crypto casino of your choice, which is the only major advantage that digital gold has over other cryptocurrencies. However, if the casino accepts several other crypto options, you can use whichever you like as they are all similar in terms of transaction speed, fees, safety, and more.
Yes, new players are eligible for a deposit welcome bonus. You can also receive various promotions as a regular player, so check out the Promotions page on the crypto casino of your choice to learn more about it.
There are several ways to become a BTC owner. For example, you can earn it or ask someone to send it to you. The most popular way, however, is buying Bitcoin (or any other cryptocurrency) over an online cryptocurrency exchange.
Technically speaking, they are safer, as you don’t have to leave any personal info that can be connected to your wallet. In other words, there’s a level of anonymity that increases safety when using crypto. Moreover, most cryptocurrencies use blockchain technology, which further enhances security levels.
No, they aren’t — as long as you stick to the licensed, regulated, and reputable online casinos. In most cases, such casinos feature special Bitcoin games that are provably fair.
In traditional online casino games, you have to trust online providers that the game isn’t rigged. However, some BTC games took transparency to another level by letting players have an insight into their underlying code that governs fairness and randomness. That means you’ll always be able to check whether the game is rigged or not.
There are many great exchanges where you can find the latest price changes, so keep a look at them to learn when’s the best time to trade.
Unfortunately, some online casinos impose restrictions on specific countries. Therefore, you’ll either be blocked immediately or just won’t be able to join the casino that doesn’t accept players from your area. If you’re from Canada, Australia, or New Zealand, you’ll be able to accept all online casinos featured on this site.
There are two types of online cryptocurrency casinos — the ones that also accept fiat payments and those that don’t. If you’re not sure whether you want to use crypto or not, your best bet is to go for the latter. Some of the common fiat payment methods that are accepted in cryptocurrency casinos are credit cards, e-wallets, and even bank transfers. Take a good look at the list of available options and pick the one that meets your needs.